6/10/2020: Solo’s Junior Driver Program Placed on Hold
Junior Driver Program (JDP)
The Junior Driver Program is unlike any other in SCCA Solo. It was started with the philosophy that having children compete at Solo events would allow families to participate in and enjoy the autocross experience together. The three classes of the Junior Driver Program is determined by age.
- Formula Junior A (JA) (12-15-year-olds)
- Formula Junior B (JB) (8-12-year-olds)
- Formula Junior C (JC) (5-8-year-olds)
A licensed JDP Youth Steward, JDP Tech Inspector, and JDP Course Designer are required at any event with a Formula Junior running.
Each region is approved to run JA at their Solo events. To be approved for JB or JC a region must have recent experience running Formula Junior karts and must contact the National Office for approval (email@example.com). Here are the important documents for JDP Training:
- 2020 JDP Overview and Solo Youth Steward Training
- 2020 JDP Kart Course Designer Training
- 2020 JDP Kart Tech Inspector Training
- JDP and Solo Safety Steward (SSS) Training Webinar schedule
- JDP License Application
- JDP Instructor Application
- Junior Kart Tech Inspection Video How-to:
- JDP Program changes from the original concept (up to 2017) to current standards (2018-current)
- JB Briggs and Stratton World Formula Restrictor Installation Guide
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to order a Briggs and Stratton World Formula engine throttle restrictor for your JB kart.