JOB TITLE: Senior Director, Finance & Administration
DEPARTMENTS: Finance & Administration
Job Summary: Plans, directs, and controls the consolidated organization’s overall financial reporting, financial plans and policies, accounting practices, administration, human resources, and relationships with lending institutions, members, and the financial community. Directs and manages treasury, budgeting, tax and accounting, real estate, employee benefits, risk management, legal, and various administrative functions for the organization (SCCA, Inc.) and its subsidiaries (SCCA PRO, SCCA Enterprises). Serves as a member of senior management in the establishment of strategic and operational plans for the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other nonessential or peripheral duties that may be required. SCCA retains the right to modify or change the duties or essential functions of the job at any time.
- Directs functional supervisors, professionals and support /administrative staff engaged in the receipt, disbursement, safekeeping and expenditure of the Company’s financial resources and capital assets.
- Directs risk, insurance, and legal functions to properly safeguard company assets and reduce risk of loss.
- Directs accounting department in preparation of financial statements, budgets, financial forecasts, and conducts analyses of cost, expenses, and earnings.
- Establishes employee policies and employee benefits and makes recommendations to hire, discipline, and terminate employees.
- Establishes employee benefits to ensure that employee satisfaction and retention is maximized with the least amount of cost to the company.
- Provides leadership and direction for CEO and Board of Directors in matters of financial and administrative policy and planning.
- Creates policy for safeguarding of corporate assets and manages corporate investments process and policy. Makes recommendations to Finance Committee and Board of Directors regarding proper utilization of assets.
- Maintains effective relationships with lending institutions, members and member organizations, and the financial and business community.
- Establishes and directs the Company’s accounting standards and practices and works with external auditors concerning annual as well as ongoing record keeping and reporting requirements.
- Provides leadership and planning support to ensure operational growth and performance. Makes recommendations to CEO and Board of Directors regarding financial direction of the Company.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as the senior officer for the organization in the CEO’s absence.
- Performs special assignments and other duties as identified and/or assigned.
Experience and Training:
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a closely related field.
- Special Training or Experience: Minimum of 8 to 10 years of progressively responsible finance and accounting experience including a minimum of 4 years at a senior management level.
- This Position Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
- This Position has Supervisory and/or Management Responsibility for: Finance and Accounting , Risk Management, and Legal personnel.
Work is conducted in an indoor business environment. Some exposure to unfavorable conditions may be encountered during travel for business requirements located within the areas as well as to member locations.
- Requires walking 5% of the time, standing 15% and sitting 85% of the time.
- Ability to lift, carry, push, or pull 10 pounds on a daily basis.
- Ability to participate in high level as well as routine conversation.
- Conditions may require work in low and bright light; use of near and far vision acuity; use of depth perception, color sensitivity, and a field of vision (peripheral vision).
- Normally works in an indoor, protected environment; travels locally as well as nationally.
- Ability to understand verbal information and instruction. Ability to exchange information with others and to develop and present recommendations.
- Ability to read and understand complex written information. Ability to compose information and instruction in written form.
- Ability to translate verbal communication into effective written material, e.g., reports and other documents.
- Ability to use mathematical reasoning is necessary to carry out the requirements.
- Ability to utilize analytical skills and apply results.
- Ability to use and apply technology.
Position will start around February 2021. Interested persons should submit resumes and salary history to Mary Hill as soon as possible.
SCCA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, or the presence of a disability, which would not prevent the performance of essential job duties with, or without reasonable accommodation of any other protective status.
We are a drug-free workplace.